I love the Christmas season.
When it’s getting cold outside and everything gets festive.
Here are some things that I simply love and bring me lots of happiness and gratitude during this special time:
- Getting ready for the holidays, getting the decorations out of the basement or down from the attic and pondering how the apartment or house will be decorated this year.
- Setting up a Christmas tree, big or small, real or artificial, for the first time together or the fifth, it doesn’t matter. It’s a special treat every year.
- Visiting Christmas markets not only in the town you live in, but also in other towns to capture the special holiday feeling somewhere else.
- Baking lots of different cookies, trying out new recipes and of course eating lots of them. It’s okay to indulge a but during the holidays.
- Taking this as another opportunity to drink lots of tea and hot chocolate and don’t forget to enjoy this time, perhaps with a good book.
- Cuddling up in front of the TV while it’s cold outside with your special someone and start watching the series of Christmas movies you need to go through every single year.
- Getting all the cozy sweaters and big jackets back out of your closet.
- Going Christmas shopping and trying to find the perfect presents that will make eyes glow.
- Finding a great Winter or Christmas novel, or short stories, to read – ask a friend to recommend one they read over the last years.
- Enjoying the special kind of magic that weaves its way through the entire Holiday season.
- Looking forward to the Christmas holidays and some well deserved time off to spend with family and friends, for recharging batteries, reflecting on the past year and planning for the new year to come.
- Buying a set of new Christmas ornaments to try out on this year’s Christmas tree.
- Seeing this season as a reminder that the people and the love we have in out lives are our most precious possessions to be grateful for.
What are your Holiday season traditions? What do you feel is the most special about this time?
I would love to hear your thoughts.